It’s clear to anyone with their finger on the pulse of the modern economy that the world is changing – and that businesses are packing up shop and heading online in their droves.
Online commerce, digital marketing, and web-based trade are only set to grow into the future, eclipsing physical stores completely. Researchers estimate that by 2040, 95% of all purchases will take place online. This is not a party you can afford to be late to.
Our web design company Essex is at hand for a free consultation about your business and your ambitions to get it online in the UK this year. But, for now, here’s our complete, no-nonsense guide to unfurling your brand’s flag on the world wide web for customers to find online.
Why Go Online?
If you’re still in need of a little persuasion before you get involved in web design essex, we’ve arranged a little bit of a crash course for you to undergo. By the end of this section, you’ll have a better idea of why it’s worth making the investment in 2021 to get your firm online.
The benefits of taking your business online have been written about ad nauseum from the individual case-study perspective – but what about that stats? You can’t argue with stats, right?
- There are 40,000 Google searches made every second – hundreds of them in the UAE. Each search is looking for a website, a product, or a service that you might offer. Being present online gives you the chance of securing their dirham.
- Data in 2018 suggested that over half of small businesses didn’t have websites at all. There are still thousands of businesses in essex without a well-built web presence. They’re your competition, and it’s worth getting in line ahead of them.
- There’s research out there that suggests that 71% of people believe they’ll get a better deal online. They’ll overlook you – even if you have a better deal available offline – if you don’t have a website.
- Ecommerce sales topped $3.45 billion in 2019; that figure is forecast to more than double when all the beans are counted for 2020. Accessing a tiny sliver of this giant pie is what creating a business website in essex is all about.
All that said, we cannot agree more with Andrew Yang when he speaks of small businesses and their over-worked owners:
“The vast majority of small business owners want nothing to do with figuring out a website. They are neck-deep in their business trying to keep it going.” – Andrew Yang
Getting online might be one of your many priorities – but how can you actually find the time to build your website when you’re juggling so many other tasks? How can you ensure it’s visited by the millions of wealthy consumers you’re trying to target in the UAE? That’s really a question that a web design company essex will be here to answer.
Web Design Methods
In this piece, we want to show you why taking your company online in 2021 won’t just be the best business decision you make all year: it’ll fundamentally evolve your firm to make it more profitable and more efficient.
To make that argument, our web design company essex has set out the following sections of this piece, so that you can scroll to the bits that mean the most to you:
- All good websites are born from good plans. Make one alongside us before you get the ball rolling.
- Getting Online. How you’ll make your website, either on your own or with the help of our expert web designers.
- Your website won’t function well until it’s optimised. Taking your company online won’t be complete until you perform this crucial step.
- Marketing. A website without a marketing plan is a tree falling in a forest with no one there to hear it. It’s like not having a website at all.
- Ongoing Changes. The paint never dries on a website. Learn how to keep your site relevant and up-to-date in this final part of our guide.
Right then; without further ado, let’s see how you’re going to make use of essex web design to carve yourself your very own corner of the internet from which to unfurl your stall.
There are nearly 2 billion websites online today. Many of them are hopelessly designed, which means consumers will never spend longer than a second or two on them. Many others are extinct or dormant. And many have seen hundreds of thousands of dirhams of investment in them, only to fail in their purpose to drive new profits for their firm.
Any good web design company in essex is aware of the risk of creating an obsolete and shunned website. It’s a great way of burning cash and time. And it’s always the result of a lack of forethought and planning.
“My rule of thumb is build a site for a user, not a spider.” – Dave Naylor
Dave Naylor’s dead right: your website needs to be built with the user in mind. A spider might crawl at lightning speed across a website, but it’s a user who will dwell, inspect, remember, critique, and ultimately buy.
That means doing a little bit of imaginative role play, and pretending that you’re searching for a company like yours online. What will they expect? What will they appreciate? We’ve got a shortlist of factors we always ask our clients to consider when they use the services of our web design company essex:
- Design a logo and branding materials to reflect your business’ ethos and to fit the expectations of your end user.
- What kind of pages will your end user expect? Are they looking for simple eCommerce pages? Perhaps a blog and how-to guides?
- Make sure your home page is similar to your competitors in Essex, the UK, and elsewhere. The strongest performers in your industry will often have the best websites.
“You have to start with the basic premise that you need to know what your competition is doing.” – Guy Kawasaki
Show us your competitors from the start – and a portfolio of the websites that you like the most. Search online for the best web design trends too, and pick out your favourite. That’ll help us hit the ground running when it comes to your own bespoke website build.
With those planning essentials out of the way, it’ll be time to build your website and to get online in Essex.
To do this, you have three main options, based on the availability of time you have at your disposal, and your ability to fund the creation of a winning website in Essex.
- Go it alone. This option is for time-rich and cash-poor firms. You’ll get a website, it just won’t be very impressive.
- Get online fast. The middle-ground option. Here, you’ll use a web design company Essex to build your website – but with an emphasis on speed and value, rather than prestige and tailor-made features.
- The complete package. Finally, if you have a little more time and more can to spend, we recommend getting online with a bespoke, fully-designed and equipped website.
Go it Alone
All web design companies in Essex will point to DIY website builders and templates as the bare minimum tools you can use independently to get online. Fewer Essex web design firms will recommend that you take this route, because it can quickly get messy, infuriating, and counter-productive.
WordPress, Wix, GoDaddy and other DIY website builders all offer an interface which they claim to be simple enough for a novice to use. You’ll still need tips – these ones are great – to get started. And you may still need a web design firm to step in to help you if you run into complications.
“Authenticity, honesty, and personal voice underlie much of what’s successful on the Web.” – Rick Levine
The biggest benefit of going it alone is that you’ll create a very authentic website. The downside is that it’ll be far less functional than one built by a web design company in Essex. As we always argue: a website has been proven to have an ROI that’s linked to the quality of the website. Why go small, and get a small ROI, when you can go big and experience a huge jump in sales?
The biggest decisions you’ll have to make at this stage are the name of your domain (what consumers will search for in their browser’s URL bar) and how much you pay for hosting. A handy guide on these questions is available here.
Get Online Fast
Your second option is the middle path. We recommend it for companies looking to capitalise on a sudden opportunity, or young firms testing their profitability in Essex and the UK.
This option will leave you mercifully free of the responsibility to create your website on your own, with the added benefit that the web design company Essex that you work with will charge you far less than they would for a fully-bespoke option. It’s time-cheap, and it’s cash-cheap, too.
Getting online fast with the help of Essex web designers means handing over your plans, and stepping aside as your dedicated team of techno-whizzes gets to work fast to build you a fully-functioning website. We’ve completed such websites to a week when clients have been rushed. It’s a 100-metre dash where building a bespoke website is a little more like a marathon. But it’s good fun – and you’ll be provided with a top-quality site at the end of your journey.
“The internet affords a level of relationship with consumers hitherto unfathomable.” – Lucas Donat
One of the biggest benefits of outsourcing your web design needs mirrors what Lucas Donat has said about the power of the internet for businesses. We build the website, so you can build the relationships. We take care of the technical details, and you take care of your business. It’s that simple.
The Complete Package
We’re about to get onto the ‘optimising’ section of this guide and, to be honest, if you don’t build a high-quality website from the get-go, you’re going to have more optimising to do over the following months and years.
This option – involving spending more cash on your website, getting it built from the ground up, and having our expert designers produce something market-leading for your firm – is the top tier. We recommend this option to medium-sized firms and highly-competitive businesses looking to boost their Essex SEO so that they effectively conquer their market.
Again, you’ll hand our essex web design company your plan. We’ll consult with you and reach consensus on how we’ll build your website. Then we’ll leave no stone unturned in our search for the optimal build for your site. We’ll use cutting-edge industry knowledge to get there. The design will be holistic, in that it’ll take your essex digital marketing requirements into account from the get-go. And we’ll be building a site that has the ability to scale at speed – in the event that your firm takes off in Essex, UK, and across Europe.
When you take your business online, you can either go it alone, outsource it on the cheap, or invest more cash in a bespoke website that’s built to last. The smaller your investment in the initial site, the higher your future investments will be when you seek to optimise your website. That means you’ll be requiring the services of a web design company Essex again some time after your site is built.
“On the Internet, speed matters. According to research by Microsoft, Google, and others, if a website is even 250 milliseconds slower than a rival, people will visit it less often.” – Marvin Ammori
Tweaking your firm to avoid losing traffic needlessly is a key component of web maintenance. It’s time for another few statistics to underscore why optimisation will be a business strategy you simply cannot ignore once you have made your home on the web:
- It only takes 05 seconds for a user to form a base opinion of your website. If that opinion is poor, they’re likely to leave within a second.
- Over half of consumers would never recommend a business that has a poorly-designed website.
- Over a third of web users will leave a website if they find the content or layout unattractive.
- Interestingly, users linger on a home page’s main image for 6 seconds on average. Clearly, getting that image right is crucial for their ongoing journey.
You’re just not going to be able to lasso web visitors and drag them towards your sales pages if they’re put off by your home page. This is exactly what’s meant when web marketing gurus talk about the difference between traffic and engagement. This is termed the conversion rate, and it’s the key metric that all of your optimisation will check and channel.
Why? Because this is one of the easiest ways to boost your profits, as web design guru Jeff Eisenberg has said.
“It’s much easier to double your business by doubling your conversion rate than by doubling your traffic.” – Jeff Eisenberg
Our essex web design company is focused on that conversion rate. We’re here to boost it – through savvy optimisation, which you can pay for on a case-by-case basis, after consultation with our team.
Much fanfare is created when a company launches a website. They set their social media platforms ablaze with links, and they tell their friends and family all about the latest step their business has taken in the world of commerce. They get a spike in their traffic for a week or two. Then… nothing.
We don’t just operate a web design company in essex – we’re also a essex digital marketing agency familiar with boosting the performance of web pages on the Google.co.uk domain in particular. We’ve helped dozens of firms increase their essex SEO, get seen by hundreds more people, and convert visitors into customers through harnessing relevant keywords and targeted advertisements.
“Today it’s not about ‘get the traffic’ — it’s about ‘get the targeted and relevant traffic.’” – Adam Audette
In that sense, we very much follow the advice of Adam Audette, whose wisdom in the digital marketing domain is virtually unparalleled. Getting 10,000 visits to a website that only 1,000 people will be remotely interested in isn’t a great start. Getting 1,000 people looking at your website, and having 900 take an interest, is far more preferable.
And that’s the duty of marketing: to find you those people, and to deliver them directly to your home pages and your products pages. All of the best web design agencies in essex will offer the following marketing methods – which we’re pleased to offer as part of our services:
- SEO Boosting. Search Engine Optimisation. Get yourself onto the first page of Google’s search results with our help in boosting your keyword presence and key phrase matching.
- PPC Advertising. Pay-Per-Click adverts. What they say on the tin: you only pay when a user clicks on your advert, which is usually a good sign that they’re interested in your brand.
- Social Media. Influencer marketing has officially taken off in essex – especially for hospitality firms, which use stars with thousands of followers to promote their venue, menu, and brand.
- Content Marketing. Looking to share more about your brand, services, and products? Producing five-star content, both video and written blog posts, will have a huge impact on your ability to market your firm online.
“Companies are rushing headlong into content today, and rightly so. It’s a battle to get noticed online amidst the noise and crowds.” – Adam Audette
Our web design company essex is focused on building traffic that’s relevant to your website, and ticking up that conversation rate. To do that, we look at your website’s data, in the back-end. That means we can offer you to-the-minute, real-time updates on all of your marketing drives at any time. Neil Patel, SEO guru and data analyst, has a wonderful guide on how this works on his website.
Well, let’s take a quick breather to look at all you’ll have achieved if you followed the above advice.
- You’ll have planned your website, so that whoever designs it has a firm idea of where it’s heading.
- You’ve made your website: it’s now live on the world wide web for all citizens of essex to find.
- You’ve tinkered with your pages in a quest to optimise your website, generating a higher conversion rate as a result.
- Your energies have been redirected to marketing your website to relevant and interested essex consumers.
Now, all you’ll have to worry about are smaller and less impactful changes to the plumbing of your website. These might require our web design company essex to take a look at your back-end code for a day or two, tidying it up as the internet evolves and your website drifts out of date.
It’ll also, of course, mean continuing to pay for your domain name, as well as building up your privacy and security as you scale. These maintenance responsibilities are well explained by this piece by LifeHack.
“What you do after you create your content is what truly counts.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
Creating a website for a business of any size is a huge and exciting step for a firm to take. We’re always delighted to make contact with a new essex business – which is keen on generating revenue by being present in the online space. As always, we’re here for a chat whenever you feel ready to enquire about our services.
Take your company online in essex by talking with a trusted web design company essex, and getting the ball rolling on your site’s planning phase.